Colegio Bureche has adopted the Character Counts Program. We believe that these values are the basis for forming whole persons who can successfully manage any situation or challenge that life brings. The six value pillars of Character Counts have been identified as universal and transcend cultural boundaries. They are: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, CitizenshipTRUSTWORTHINESS
- Be honest.
- Don’t deceive, cheat, or steal.
- Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do.
- Have the courage to do the right thing.
- Build a good reputation.
- Be loyal — stand by your family, friends, and country
- Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule.
- Be tolerant and accepting of differences.
- Use good manners, not bad language.
- Be considerate of the feelings of others.
- Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone.
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements
- Do what you are supposed to do.
- Plan ahead.
- Persevere: keep on trying!
- Always do your best.
- Use self-control. Be self-disciplined.
- Think before you act — consider the consequences.
- Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes.
- Set a good example for others
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Be open-minded; listen to others.
- Don’t take advantage of others.
- Don’t blame others carelessly.
- Treat all people fairly
- Be kind.
- Be compassionate and show you care.
- Express gratitude.
- Forgive others.
- Help people in need
- Do your share to make your school and community better.
- Get involved in community affairs.
- Stay informed; vote.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Obey laws and rules.
- Respect authority.
- Protect the environment.